Continuing Education for Teachers and Serious Students
Ventura Yoga Studio prides itself in providing excellent Continuing Education Workshops, Intensives and classes for teachers and serious students.
Please email the studio if you would like to be contacted with the next sign-up date.
Yoga: Practice and Theory
with Jeneth Rundle, Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher
E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance
An in-depth study of the art and science of yoga. This structured class is intended for teachers, those who aspire to be teachers, and serious students who want to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga. Using the Iyengar Yoga Certification Syllabus as our guide, we will study the suggested reading materials and practice together.
Minimum 3 years of yoga practice required to attend.
- Asana and Pranayama practice with timings (no instruction)
- Study of technique for both personal practice and teaching others
- Review of pose modifications for common problems
- Essential anatomy
- Sanskrit pose names and translations
- Sutra study, chanting and philosophical discussion
- Video viewing of relevant subjects
The following texts will be used for study and reference:
- Light On Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Light On Pranayama, BKS Iyengar
- Light On the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, BKS Iyengar
- The Tree of Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Yoga, A Gem For Women, Geeta S. Iyengar
- Yoga in Action: Preliminary Course, Geeta S. Iyengar
- Yoga in Action: Intermediate Course, Geeta S. Iyengar
All classes and workshops with our Certified Iyengar Yoga Teachers on staff (Jeneth, Anna and Suza), as well as those workshops led by renowned Certified Iyengar Yoga Teachers from around the globe provide for a well-balanced and rich study of the art and science of Yoga.
These classes and workshops are eligible for CEUs with the Yoga Alliance for those registered at both the 200 & 500 hour levels. There is no complete Yoga Teacher Training or RYT training course planned for 2016.